Safety and Responsibility
An Update from Mermaid Marine on COVID-19
On March 11, the World Health Organization declared the outbreak of COVID-19 a pandemic. Mermaid Marine takes this matter seriously. We are keeping a close eye on this public health crisis, and we will continue to adapt as circumstances evolve.
Because of the important role we play in providing supplies to the fishing industry, Mermaid Marine is considered an essential service. As long as it is safe for our employees and the people we work with, our office will stay open during regular business hours. We consider it our responsibility to do everything we can to support the Canadian fishing community.
We realize that the situation is changing rapidly. We will continue to take appropriate safety precautions. In the coming weeks, our ability to distribute products to the marine industry could be impacted by the spread of the Coronavirus. If it looks like this could happen, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Here are some of the steps we are taking to help limit the spread of the virus and minimize its impact on the boating industry:
- All orders must be placed ahead of time. We will work closely with you to arrange shipping or schedule a pickup.
- Public access to our office and warehouse is strictly limited.
- Business travel is restricted until further notice.
- Many of our employees have decided to work from home, and we encourage social distancing in order to reduce the spread of illness.
- Frequently touched surfaces in our workplace are being cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- We are following important safety recommendations from all levels of government.
- We will balance our responsibilities to the fishing industry with our commitment to health and safety.
- We will communicate with our business partners openly and honestly.
- We will continue to adjust as conditions change.
If you have any questions or concerns about receiving your orders or our response to the situation, please reach out to us at (902)566-1220 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our team is on your side, and we are here to support you in any way we can.
Your well-being is important to us. Please don’t take any unnecessary risks and be sure to respect the safety of those around you. We will work through this unique challenge together.
General Manager, Mermaid Marine Products